BPSDB“WASHINGTON — Have you heard that the world is now cooling instead of warming? You may have seen some news reports on the Internet or heard about it from a provocative new book.
Only one problem: It’s not true, according to an analysis of the numbers done by several independent statisticians for The Associated Press (for full story).”
[UPDATE 22:30 EST The APS story has +100,000 search engine hits already - wonderful! Kudos to Seth Borenstein]
Some discussions of this story (honestly? I post a link, reload the search and find that yet another blog is covering it. No fear … this one can’t get too much coverage).
- Myth of Cooling Globe shattered by AP-sponsored ‘blind’ test
- Statisticians Confirm: No Global Cooling Despite Skeptic Spin
- Must-read AP story: Statisticians reject global cooling
- “Global cooling” scam debunked yet again
- High-quality AP journalism shatters myth of recent global cooling
Given that, I am satisfied to document (and recognize) that the issue has been well covered for a very long time, and the continued willful ignorance on the part of the climate change Deniers is deliberate disinformation, but then what part of the Denier Canon isn’t?
Recent climate blogs
- Why global warming isn’t taking a break
- A warming pause?
- “Global warming stopped in 1998″
- NYT’s Revkin pushes global cooling myth (again!) and repeats outright misinformation.
- Has global warming really stopped?
- Claims of a Decade of Cooling Refuted By Analysis Showing It Warmest by Fair Margin
- Why the 1998-2008 Temperature Trend Doesn’t Mean a Whole Lot
- New GW denialists’ deceptive lie on global temperatures
Of course, as discussed on this blog:
- the only way there could be no inter-annual variation is if the Earth were literally flat in every respect “Climate Deniers literally are “Flat Earthers””
- every peak year is followed by a slightly cooler period “Global Warming is over! once every decade or so …“
On this blog
- Yes, Global Warming is Real and it’s Still Happening
- Earth to Jacoby: I Got Your Global Warming Right Here
- What Bob Carter and Andrew Bolt fail to grasp:”…
- Yes, the planet has kept warming since 1998
- The 1998 cherry pick
- Yes, the data show the planet STILL keeps warming
- Mind the Gap!
- “Climate sceptics have their head in the sand“
- New media same as the old media. Politico pimps global cooling
- Myth ” Temperatures plummeted in 2008″ proves global cooling
- Climate myths: Global warming stopped in 1998
- Did global warming stop in 1998?
- Temperatures are continuing to rise
- Collected debunking of “Seven Graphs”
- The Stupid Cult of Cooling and the Goyder Line debate
- Global Cooling-Wanna Bet?
- The Global Cooling Bet – Part 2
- Richard Lindzen claims global warming stopped in 1998
- Most bizarre Denier claim: “Global warming stopped in 1998″.
- Stop me if you’ve heard this before
- Global warming greatest in past decade
- Northern Hemisphere Sets 1300 Year Climate Warming Record
- Why Tim Ball is Wrong
- What the IPCC models really say
As I said, it’s not news to anyone who knows even basic climate change facts …
“Since 1982, spring in East Asia (defined here as the eastern third of China and the Korean Peninsula) has been warming at a rate of one degree Fahrenheit per decade.” Earth Gauge
We give our consent every moment that we do not resist.
Comments that are not relevant to the post that they appear under or the evolving discussion will simply be deleted, as will links to Denier spam known to be scientific gibberish