Some worthwhile points that he makes:
It’s a crime
Our inaction on climate change is a crime. It is and should be treated as such. The lies and propaganda of the Anti-science Machine are crimes against humanity and hopefully they will be formally recognized as such.
The alleged uncertainty of the science is very much an American phenomenon. Not that there aren’t Bolts, Delingpoles, Balls and Mtols all over the world (what village is without its’ idiot?), but that widespread and official Denial is peculiar to the US.
- National Journal: “The GOP is stampeding toward an absolutist rejection of climate science that appears unmatched among major political parties around the globe, even conservative ones.”
- Washington Post stunner: “The GOP’s climate-change denial may be its most harmful delusion.”
I am not yet ready to talk about Nuclear Power, but Hertsgaard makes some interesting points relevant to that discussion.
Food & GMOs
As with Nukes, here is another I will be returning too, but he is certainly right in saying that food is the issue with respect to climate change.
Now to try and get a review copy :-)
We give our consent every moment that we do not resist.
It is worth knowing and abiding by whether you comment on this blog or not.
- The “Mostly” Open Thread” is for general climate discussion that is not relevant to a particular post. Spam and abuse rules still apply;
- The “Challenging the Core Science” Comment Thread is for comments that purport to challenge the core science of anthropogenic climate change.
- The “Spam” Comment Thread is for comments posted by people who think that they can ignore site policy.