I blame Bad Astronomy for this one, which is odd because for this sort of thing Frankbi is the usual culprit. Phil Plait is right though, this is too good not to share with a community plagued by the conspiracy nuts.
Needless to say, just as with Climate Denier Crackpot Index and Denier Conspiracy Theories: More Paranoid Than Thou the description fits perfectly, presumably because the inhabitants of Wingnuttia are more or less of a muchness …
Just The Facts
- The average conspiracy theorist will argue with NASA, Nobel-prize winners and every expert in the world despite having fewer qualifications than the average fry cook.
- Conspiracy theorists view logical argument as cheating.
- Like pissing fetishes and tentacle rape comics, conspiracy theories are a problem made much worse by the Internet.
- Never assume malice when incompetence will do.
and so on. Conspiracy Theories | Cracked.com
So there you have it, the one link you just throw in as a response to every conspiracy claim.
However it does point to one glaring omission in Frankbi’s otherwise beautiful climate change conspiracyies genealogy (below); he hasn’t indicated how climate conspiracies have interbred with the related lineages, eg those referencing the Bilderberger Group, etc.
And where is the text of the “Protocols of the Elder Lindzen“?
Since 1960, about 2200 cubic miles of glacial ice has gone into the ocean. This glacial ice contributes about 1.1 mm per year to the overall 3.1 mm per year of sea level rise. Earth Gauge
We give our consent every moment that we do not resist.
Denier “Challenge” aka Deathwatch Update: Day 280 … still no evidence.
Comments that are not relevant to the post that they appear under or the evolving discussion will simply be deleted, as will links to Denier spam known to be scientific gibberish
- The “Mostly” Open Thread is for general climate discussion that is not relevant to a particular post. Spam and abuse rules still apply;
- The “Challenging the Core Science” Comment Thread is for comments that purport to challenge the core science of anthropogenic climate change.