Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
(Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.)
BPSDB Apparently “ …60 prominent German scientists have publicly declared their dissent from man-made global warming…”,
This particular scam just started popping up recently and may catch others unawares, as I was. However, on a hunch I popped over to Jules’ klimaatblog and sure enough, there it was: “The open letter to Chancellor Angela Merkel.“
- little or no actual science, just uninformed opinion;
- such alleged science as is referred to is easily shown to be misrepresented, if not outright fraud;
- many of the alleged “scientists” are not actually scientists;
- few, if any, of the ones who are scientists have anything remotely to do with “climate science;
- none are active researchers on climate issues;
- the source of the letter is an industry PR firm masquerading as a think tank or grassroots group.
“The rest of the letter are some hollow words and whining about the pseudo-religion climate science has become. Yes, they really use the word pseudo-religion. Sigh.”
I refer you to Jules’ blog for the full story.
I do however want to take this opportunity to mention that Jules’ is an english language blog that follows the European Deniers, and is definitely a resource worth knowing about. For example, his recent series:
- Climate change skeptical organisations in the low countries. Part 1 : Stichting Meer Vrijheid
- Dutch climate skeptical organisations pt 2 : De Groene Rekenkamer (intro)
- Roots of the Dutch climate denialists, part 3 : stichting kernvisie
So be sure to drop by now and then, or add him to your feed. My one beef with him is that he needs a “recent posts” menu and an archive/index so you can find the good posts he has done in the past … you got that Jules?
In northern Canada, an area of about two million square miles contains rivers that collectively move about 276 cubic miles of fresh water into the ocean every year. … This means that years of both especially low and especially high streamflow (years of particularly low and particularly high rainfall) now happen more often than they did in the middle of the 20th century. Earth Gauge
We give our consent every moment that we do not resist.
Denier “Challenge” aka Deathwatch Update: Day 282 … still no evidence.
Comments that are not relevant to the post that they appear under or the evolving discussion will simply be deleted, as will links to Denier spam known to be scientific gibberish