BPSDB “1998 Revisited”
“Even some of our most distinguished journalists …” 😆
In the latest Climate Denial Crock of the Week Sinclair has once again debunked the ‘Climate change ended in 1998’ aka ‘it’s been cooling for a decade’ etc climate change Denier meme. If you missed his earlier one Party like it’s 1998 here it is:
Of course the underlying fraud (as has been discussed repeatedly) is that to detect climate trends requires a minimum 30 yr data sequence
If a Denier refuses to let go of the cherry picked shorter time period I have found it useful to just note that 2005 was hotter than 1999 through 2004 so obviously it was warming. So really the supposed “cooling” was only 2006 to 2008, and we know that was due to the solar minimum and La Nina. In fact if we plot the 1999 to 2008 trendline
it’s clearly warming … so what was your point again?
Some other useful links with regard to this meme:
- Has global warming really stopped?
- Claims of a Decade of Cooling Refuted By Analysis Showing It Warmest by Fair Margin
- Why the 1998-2008 Temperature Trend Doesn’t Mean a Whole Lot
- Global Cooling-Wanna Bet?
- Yes, Global Warming is Real and it’s Still Happening
- Earth to Jacoby: I Got Your Global Warming Right Here
- Myth “Global Cooling”
Speaking of “distinguished journalists …” :lol:, Deep Climate reports that “ABC claims Ian Plimer is “a legitimate voice.” It is an interesting read, particularly showing how the Australian Broadcasting Corporation blatantly violated their own Code of Practice. There is also some following of threads down a maze of twisty little think tanks that is interesting.
“Many of America’s most important commercial crops require between 400 and 1800 hours each winter when the temperature is below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.” Earth Gauge
We give our consent every moment that we do not resist.
Denier “Challenge” aka Deathwatch Update: Day 315 … still no evidence.
Comments that are not relevant to the post that they appear under or the evolving discussion will simply be deleted, as will links to Denier spam known to be scientific gibberish
- The “Mostly” Open Thread is for general climate discussion that is not relevant to a particular post. Spam and abuse rules still apply;
- The “Challenging the Core Science” Comment Thread is for comments that purport to challenge the core science of anthropogenic climate change.