Only Day 6 for me and I am shocked at how lethargic and dull I have become. Is this a passing phase in the bodies response? or does it reflect underlying health conditions? (there is some diabetes in the family history, so maybe?). Regardless, Anna and Sara seem a lot more energetic and sharp than I currently feel, which I am very glad to see (Sara struggles with her English a bit, but that was true a month ago).
Daniel talks about the economic and moral reasons for his participation in the fast. Stuart speaks about the Fast as personal witnessing and atonement within the framework of the modern ethical system.
Introduction to Matthew and questions from the media, including ones about i) what will the response be to lack of an agreement in Copenhagen, and ii) has their faith in climate change been shaken by the idiotic hysteria of the climate change Deniers claims about the CRU emails.
For those wishing to follow what is going on in the streets of Copenhagen some useful sites include:
Indymedia Danmark: quick summaries with links
Our Climate – Not Your Business: more detailed explanations of main events
Ekstra Bladet TV: Live (but not continuous) coverage.
Local solidarity fast
Many of the Fasters find themselves reflecting on food and equity issues even more as they Fast, including a deepening of their commitment. Our own Jess has been thinking particularly about water in Let’s Talk About Water.
Meanwhile Krishna says “Well i fasted dec.7 and 8 and i couldnt seem to do anything but read up on climate change and skeptics and politics around it, and i did 2 more nonviolence course sessions.”
This is an issue I will be exploring more in the next week or so, the hunger strike as political action.
Wherever you live, participate in the Dec 12th Day of Action
“It is time for every rabble rousing, child-loving, planet protecting person to get clear that we will not be okay unless we disrupt business as usual.“
- CJF Hunger strike day 33, days of hardship
- CJF, climate change hunger strike day 27
- CJF, climate change, food and equity
- CJF Hunger Strike, Day 20
- Hunger Strike Day 13, retrospectives and reflections
- Days of doubts and fears
- The Climate Justice Fast Six
- Climate Justice Fast, ripples and waves
- Climate Justice Fast – Change is now!
- Climate Justice Fast is to be … indefinite
- Climate Justice Fast begins Nov 6th, how will you be helping?
“Over the 20th century, ocean temperatures in the North Atlantic main development region warmed during peak hurricane season, with the most pronounced warming occurring over the last four decades.” Earth Gauge
We give our consent every moment that we do not resist.
Comments that are not relevant to the post that they appear under or the evolving discussion will simply be deleted, as will links to Denier spam known to be scientific gibberish
- The “Mostly” Open Thread” is for general climate discussion that is not relevant to a particular post. Spam and abuse rules still apply;
- The “Challenging the Core Science” Comment Thread is for comments that purport to challenge the core science of anthropogenic climate change.