The Top Ten BPSDB
Ben of Wott’s Up With That? commented on “Guide for dealing with the “Denier” label” that “the “skeptic” fig-leaf is what annoys me most about climate change deniers” which led me to respond that “And there is so much to choose from too. I wonder if I could pick which are the “Ten most infuriating climate change Denier scams.”
Which comes with the following caveats of course.
1) Is identifying the scams that most infuriate simply an invitation to even more of the same?
2) Is acknowledging (again) the obvious reality that:
- There are Deniers;
- They use scams & deceit etc rather than rational debate;
- It is infuriating.
3) Is this just an invitation to simply list (again) the:
Regardless, both feet into the fire … simply post your nomination as a comment. Should clear winners not emerge we will use the Poll function to hold a runoff to determine the top ten.
Nominations should include a tinyurl link to an example of scam in question (or a hand drawn facsimile thereof) [Offer void where prohibited by law].
Bonus Question #1: Who are the legitimate skeptics? of the names known to the climate blogosphere, who can be documented as consistently making rational, evidence based challenges to the core science as opposed to wallowing in denial?
Nominations should reflect the reality that:
- no one is perfect, having made some mistakes should not disqualify anyone;
- broken clocks are right twice a day; we do not want to include anyone who accidentally got it right a couple of times even though the bulk of their efforts are more properly described as denial.
Bonus Question #2: Do those actual skeptics own the Deniers (eg Monckton, Plimer, Lomborg etc) as being their intellectual brethren? (explicit embracing only, failure to distance oneself does not count as acknowledgment)
Contest void with respect to those engaged normal scientific enquirey since skepticism is the scientific norm & hence just about every scientist whose work is remotely related to climate change would be on the list – we are looking for efforts above and beyond the professional norms.
NB: Joke nominations (eg Monckton, Carter, Plimer, Lomborg, Dyson, Coleman etc) will simply be deleted.
We give our consent every moment that we do not resist.